Monday, October 17, 2011

Just do it!!

So we spent a few days at the beach and now I'm refreshed and full of memories. I love vacation, especially when I can remember how to play with my kids again. Sometimes, at home, I forget that there's fun to be had among all the many chores to be done. Now I'm sitting at home in my pajamas at 9:00 am listening to Brett's cartoons. Time to get my workout clothes on before I become a total bum. :)
I haven't been getting up at 5am consistently this month......or even on purpose. I think the few times that I actually did get up early was when I crashed the night before at 8pm. Haha! Oh well. Some goals are tougher than others and although I haven't reached it yet, I will keep trying. I think the best part of this last week (aside from the glorious sound of the waves) was losing a pound after coming home from vacation. Woohoo!! Didn't really expect that, but when I think about it I only ate a brownie and a few pieces of pizza in lieu of healthy foods. The rest of the time was my homemade goodness. I turned down several treats and snacks that are just not for me. I love having control of my diet!! It makes me realize that I have more self control than I thought. When I watch others struggle and wish that their own diets were different, I just want to shout from the rooftops that the only person to change your diet is YOU. So do it!! Don't just wish and hope that things were different. Make the changes yourself, for yourself and your family. Do it because you love yourself and want something better than mainstream. Don't settle because it's easy. You'll never be satisfied with the cop out. It's like the 2 year old who wants what he wants when he wants it. Indulge him every time and he'll never get enough. Just like him you'll ALWAYS be wanting something better. So go out and grab it! Provide yourself and your families with the health and wellness we all deserve. True health and wellness doesn't make money, so don't expect someone else to do it for you. You MUST be in charge. Take courage and get to work!!

No comments: