Monday, November 21, 2011

Be a Little Better

So I haven't gotten out of bed at 5am once. Have I given up striving toward this way of life? Absolutely not!! I just haven't grabbed it yet. It is much harder to get out of bed when it's cold and dark and quiet in the house. What mother doesn't want to take advantage of more sleep when the opportunity presents itself? However, I've been choosing to stay in bed even after I wake on my own in the 5 o'clock hour. For shame!!! I WILL do better!!
I've lost another pound and am loving it! It gives me the courage to do a little better each day. I have short lapses of judgement during a certain part of the month. That's when all rational, healthy, reasonable thinking goes out the window and I gorge myself on anything that does not resemble a food from nature. This past week it was full sized candy bars. My husband was given a whole box of them from work and I ate so many of them in a 24 hour period that I'm too embarrased to admit to the actual number. After that, I was a new woman. Mostly because the thought of sugar made me nauseous, but also because my hormone surge shifted. That truly is one thing that I cannot gain control of through the old "mind over matter" principle. When my hormones are imbalanced, my brain disintegrates. Thankfully I've found some remedies that help to lessen the effects. I'm lucky that my sugar rampage last week only lasted for a day.
So here's to being a little better today. Take control of your appetites, renew your convictions, respect your intestines and the rest will fall into place.

No comments: